Our Way Forward
At Suryalakshmi Cotton we are consciously driving our business towards the continuous modernization of denim manufacturing as per global production, quality and environmental standards. Our strategy is aimed at becoming the lowest cost producer by leveraging backward integration and manufacturing efficiency.
We have 3 strategic imperatives that guide our efforts and serve as a framework for realizing our vision of Denim Leadership:
Three Strategic Imperatives
- Fully integrated denim manufacturing from cotton to yarn to finished fabric, completing the value chain with denim garmenting.
- Catering to the needs of a wide cross-section of customers globally and the fastest growing mid-market segment.
- Healthy mix of international and local customers resulting in a de-risked business model with predictable revenues and higher margins.
- Captive 25 MW thermal power plant set up at Ramtek (Maharashtra) equipped with best-in-class technology and infrastructure.
- Contributing to the captive power requirements of denim manufacturing, leading to input and raw material costs being halved.
- 100% coal linkages ensuring visibility for long-tem buying of coal.
- Strategic investments in internal R&D to understand the latest fast-fashion trends and collaboration with leading designers from Europe and Asia.
- Leveraging the fast-moving fashion quotient, styling and detailing – leading to a better customer experience.
- Producing high-margin products and reducing the share of low-margin products.
Through these strategic imperatives, we are becoming future-ready to deliver fast fashion and well positioned to capitalize on the opportunities which India and the global denim markets are witnessing.